Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Want to Be Somewhere Else

We're going to Gulf Games in Chattanooga, Tennessee this week.  I'm making travel plans, deciding on what route to take, how to avoid big city traffic, and what to do on our mini vacation besides sit and play games for three or four straight days.

I have spent a lot of time planning for summer backpacking trips.  This includes things like shopping for new backpacking equipment.  Shopping includes just looking at things and trying to decide what I want.

Jeanette gets married July 1, and we're planning a short getaway up north that following week.  I have been checking out lodging around Sleeping Bear Dunes.  Lots of nice looking places to stay.  Lots if interesting things to do.

I went to the Golf Show last weekend.  Picked up a lot of brochures from different golf courses and resorts.  Bought some new equipment.  I want to go golfing.

It's mid-February and even though it was sunny and warm part of last week, it's still winter.  I really love the winter season, but all of my recent free times seems to be focused on getting away, doing something besides being in Michigan in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment